Hello, I’m Chris, a designer with a passion for using the principles of visual design to create web sites and apps that provide an engaging, informative user experience.
My career has revolved around communication in one form or another, first with words as a journalist and editor, and then with images, words, and code as a graphic designer, web designer, and — currently — as a UX designer.
I approach projects with a logical, content-first mindset, and bring to bear my education in sociology and psychology to inform information architecture, user flows, user research, and UI design. I believe that the two most important tools in my arsenal are ears for active listening, and a voice for thoughtful questioning.
I’m employed as Senior UX Designer at Speak Agent, Inc.
- Problem definition
- Heuristic evaluation, UX-UI research
- UI, visual, and graphic design
- Business and UX requirements scoping
- Screenflows and user flows
- Wireframing and prototyping
- Basic html/css
- Microcopy writing and copyediting
- Pencil and paper
- CSS animations
- Customer journey and empathy mapping
- Usability testing
- User research methods